About the job
Social media executive
Argonon, the hyper-converged ‘superindie’ TV and digital production group that Nemorin is part of, is looking for a social media executive.
The successful candidate will create and curate content across LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social media platforms, raising the profile of Argonon at a corporate level internationally as well as promoting the work of the individual production companies within the group.
We’re looking for someone who loves digital and broadcast content, and lives and breathes social media; someone who knows how to stop the scroll and can get audiences clicking, liking, sharing and commenting. If that’s you, then you should definitely apply. It’s an amazing opportunity for the right person.
The role will sit within Nemorin Film & Video, Argonon’s digital and branded content specialist, but will work closely with all parts of the business.
Argonon produces content across all genres. Its production companies comprise:
- Leopard USA (House Hunters International – HGTV)
- Bandicoot (The Masked Singer – ITV)
- Leopard Pictures (Worzel – BBC One)
- BriteSpark Films (Dispatches – Channel 4)
- Windfall Films (Unearthed – Discovery)
- Like A Shot (Abandoned Engineering – Discovery)
- Nemorin Film & Video (clients include Hugo Boss, McDonalds, American Express and NBC Universal)
Argonon has won 116 awards including Emmys, BAFTAs and RTS Awards and received over 180 nominations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of social media platforms and formats.
- Ideally have at least a year’s experience working in a similar role for a brand, agency, or media owner.
- Be familiar with best practice on each social media platform.
- Have experience of creating and writing social media posts that engage audiences – B2B and B2C.
- Have basic video and image editing skills (familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred), and – as a nice to have – experience of taking stills and shooting video to a decent standard.
- Have a working knowledge of Hootsuite (or similar).
- Have the confidence, communication skills and knowledge to advise the group on its social media strategy.
- Set KPIs and use social media analytics tools to measure success.
- Have an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, video content in all its guises, from long-form programmes for broadcasters and streamers to short-form digital formats.
- Be a self-starter, able to work autonomously.
- Have excellent spelling and grammar and a flair for copywriting: you will be the voice of Argonon on social media.
The role will be based in Argonon’s Islington office, with some opportunities for remote working.
We would particularly like to hear from candidates with backgrounds that are typically under-represented in the media industry.
To apply, send us an email with your CV attached (PDF) and answer these three questions in the body of your message:
- Point us in the direction of the social media post you created that generated the most engagement, and in a sentence or two explain why you think it performed so strongly.
- Imagine a new series of the Masked Singer is about to air on ITV. Write the copy for a social media post (on a platform of your choosing) to promote Argonon’s role in the production.
- Give us an idea of the level of your video/image editing skills, and familiarity with social tools such as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck etc.
Email Jobs@Nemorin.com with ‘social media executive’ in the subject line.
No agencies please.
Founded in 2011 by CEO James Burstall, Argonon is an independent production group headquartered in London and New York with further offices in Liverpool, Glasgow and Brisbane. The group consists of seven companies producing multi award-winning programming for a wide range of major broadcasters and platforms in the UK, US and across the world including BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky, Discovery, Nat Geo, Facebook Watch, PBS, HGTV, A&E and UKTV and specialising in factual, factual entertainment, entertainment, drama, arts, comedy and children’s programming.
ABOUT NEMORIN FILM & VIDEO
Nemorin Film & Video was founded in 2014 by Pete Fergusson, former Head of Commercial Video for the Telegraph Media Group. Nemorin creates a vast array of high-quality video content ranging from social videos to documentaries incorporating location and studio shoots, live action, animation, live streams and other types of content published on platforms ranging from YouTube to TikTok. Clients have included Credit Suisse, Amazon, Revolut, Net-a-Porter, My Single Friend, Nat Geo, GiffGaff, Oasis, Virgin Media, Nationwide and many others.